610 West 3rd Street
Lexington, KY 40508
We are going all out for this year’s Test Batch Takeover. There will be 14 different test batch beers on tap at Blue Stallion at the same time on Tuesday May 12th. Some examples will be a peanut butter cup stout, a ginger Saison and a blood orange Hefeweizen, just to name a few. The Gastro Gnomes will be on hand to pair some great dishes with these creative beer styles.
Some B.O.C.K. (Brewers of Central Kentucky) members got in on the action and helped brew several test batches with their original recipes.
* NOTICE *: This event is expected to be extremely popular. To ensure all patrons are served quickly, we will be limiting 5 oz samples of test batches to 2 at a time per person. We will not be filling flights during the Test Batch Takeover event. Customers can sample as many beers as they want, but can only order 2 samples at once.
We will have all 14 test batches on tap starting at noon on 5/12/2014. There are limited amounts of each beer and we cannot guarantee how long each will last.
Test Batch Takeover Beer List
1. Saul Goodman Attorney at Lager – Vienna lager (ABV 6.3% IBU 28)
2. *Rye It Act – Black rye India pale lager (ABV 6%)
3. Bourbon Ball – Nitro Imperial Stout (ABV 8% IBU 80)
4. Devil’s Candy (remix): Chocolate porter with coconut, cinnamon, cherry chilis (ABV 5.5%)
5. P.B & Stout – Peanut butter chocolate stout (ABV 4.5% IBU 63)
6. Blonde Moment – American Blonde ale hopped with Herkules, Calypso, El Dorado, Saphir, Mandarina Bavaria, and Meridian. Hop flavor profiles include apple, citrus, pear, watermelon, tangerine, stone fruit, lemon, mixed berry, and tropical fruit. (ABV 5.3% IBU 29)
7. Raving Showman – American IPA Hopped with Herkules, Zeus, and Apollo. (ABV 6.2% IBU 68) (What’s the difference between an angry circus owner and a Roman barber? One is a raving showman, and the other is a shaving Roman.)
8. *Aurous – Belgian Golden Strong ale (ABV 9%)
9. Cure-All – IPA with green tea, mint and honey (ABV 6.9% IBU 70)
10. El Diablo Es Verde- cilantro lime habanero cream ale (ABV 4.6% IBU 24)
11. *Badger Blood- Belgian Wheat ale with tart cherries (ABV 6% IBU 17)
12.* Wet T-shirt Contest – watermelon wheat ale (ABV 5.2% IBU 17)
13. Blood Orange Hefeweizen (ABV 5.5%)
14.* Saison du Weasley – Saison w/ ginger (ABV 7%)
*Concocted with special guest brewers Chris Vandergrift, Nathan Hoskins, Jon Brown, Kevin Richey, Ben Hoh, Ben Shelton, and Suzanne Keeley.
See the rest of our events for Lexington Craft Beer Week 2015.