Each Monday, Blue Stallion Brewing donates 10% of taproom sales to local non-profits. This week’s non-profit is the Nursing Home Ombudsman Agency of the Bluegrass.
The mission of the Nursing Home Ombudsman Agency of the Bluegrass is to improve the quality of care for residents of long-term care facilities. These are nursing homes, family care homes, and personal care homes.
NHOA’s long-term care ombudsmen are independent advocates who:
- Protect the rights of nursing home residents;
- Identify, investigate and work to resolve residents’ concerns;
- Empower residents to make informed choices;
- Monitor and work to enact laws protecting older and disabled Kentuckians; and
- Make regular friendly visits to residents.
Read more about Mission Mondays.