Today marks an end to another Lexington Craft Beer Week. It was an incredible week filled with great craft beer events throughout the city. Again, LexBeerScene.com did a great job sponsoring the week-long event.
Alltech Craft Brews and Food
The week was full of awesome happenings for Blue Stallion as well. One of the last big events of the week was Alltech’s Craft Brews and Food Fest. We were excited to hear our beers brought home 9 medals in all, 4 silver and 5 bronze! That’s in addition to the 4 medals our beers brought home last year.
- Blue Stallion Oatmeal Stout
- Blue Stallion Munich Helles
- Blue Stallion Doppelbock
- Blue Stallion Irish Red
- Blue Stallion Maibock
- Blue Stallion German Pilsner
- Blue Stallion Smoked Lager
- Blue Stallion Wee Heavy
- Blue Stallion Märzen
Test Batch Takeover
One of the most popular events we held all week was the Test Batch Takeover. We had 14 small batch experimental beers on tap at one time! You can see the full list here. Several Lexington homebrewers helped us with five of the brews, and they were fantastic. Some favorites of all 14 included:
- P.B. & Stout (peanut butter chocolate stout)
- Bourbon Ball (nitro imperial stout)
- Wet T-Shirt Contest (watermelon wheat ale)
- Badger Blood (Belgian wheat ale w/ tart cherries)
- El Diablo es Verde (cream ale w/ cilantro, lime & habaneros)
We got a lot of good feedback on the beers and we’re putting a lot of consideration into bringing a couple back at the production level. Thanks for making it such a great day!
New Beer Releases
We released a whopping 4 beers during Lexington Craft Beer Week (not counting the Test Batch Takeover). The response has been great to all of them. If you haven’t had a chance to try them, you need to get down to the taproom soon. Here’s a list:
- Equuleus (old ale – Ethereal collaboration)
- Lightringer ESB (extra special bitter)
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Doppelbock
Until next year, Prost!